Sales Area Manager wanted for high profile, agricultural leader. The successful candidate will oversee the Northern Region (Mpumalanga) and manage the sales function and activities within the
dedicated area with emphasis on establishing sustainable, long-term relationships with distribution partners and key customers whilst developing market share through implementing the specific sales strategies within the area.
• Highly effective communicator at all levels of the business
• Speaks English and Afrikaans
• Ability to communicate effectively in written form and presentation environments on a technical and commercial basis
Education & Training
• Commerce-related degree/diploma with preference being given to candidates with an MBA
• Scientific degree/diploma training in the field of agronomy and agricultural entomology will be advantageous
• Advanced excel skills with experience in ERP systems
• Sound understanding of IPM principles.
• Sound understanding of financial principles which support the sales management functions, such as forecasting & budgeting, break-even analysis, business plans
• Experience in the citrus industry or working with area-wide pest management programmes will be advantageous.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Three years’ experience of working in a similar or related position
• Established professional network to promote a functional information gathering network
• Strong understanding and familiarity with ag input (synthetic & biological) supply chain and distribution networks in South Africa
• Evidence of managing a sales team, implementing sales strategies and managing retail distribution networks
• Willing to work in an agile, start-up environment – be willing to grow with the company and its’ business partners
• Willing to travel locally on a frequent basis and internationally when required.
• Detail orientated which drives informed, collective decision making
• A high level of emotional intelligence.
• Diligent work ethic
• Ability to operate independently as well as in a team where collective decisionmaking is undertaken.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link