Technical Solution Specialist
Saturday, 12 June 2021
General Employment - Other General Employment
- To attend meetings with potential Clients to determine technical and business requirements and ensuring that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution
- Provide technical solutions in a professional manner and to agreed timeframes
- Create and confidently deliver technical presentations internally and externally
- Deliver training on solutions and provide product support to channel partners and internal stakeholders
- Create internal design configuration documentation including network diagrams with technical explanations
- Work with the sales team to provide feedback on issues with current products and provide input around new products
- Builds productive relationships internally and externally, fostering teamwork by keeping colleagues updated on activities
- Perform technical development for bespoke solutions as part of a design and development framework
- Able to understand business drivers and risks involved to the customer and to the organization
- Sell technical solutions to the customer with professionalism and enthusiasm
- Provide accurate and timely management information, to include - activity reports, reviews, project forecasts, etc.
- To structure and produce compelling sales proposals/commercial and technical documentation outlining the cost savings and business benefits to customers
- Interface with the implementation/project team, articulating customer requirement, to ensure smooth transition from Sale to Delivery
- Ability to demonstrate organizations products and technologies effectively to audiences of varied technical knowledge
- In-depth working knowledge of TCP/IP v4 and an understanding of TCP/IP v6.
- Strong interest in Internet technologies (routing, switching and general network infrastructure) including technologies associated with the ISP market.
- Comfortable working with hosting technologies including Windows and Linux based server systems, network storage systems and data center services
- Working knowledge of current security issues and technologies concerning the industry, together with a demonstrable interest in keeping abreast with technical developments in this field.
- Good working knowledge of Internet connectivity methods including xDSL and leased circuit services using copper and fiber presentation.
- Knowledge of CPE QoS technologies including traffic prioritization and traffic shaping.
- Understanding of the lower level workings of VPN technologies including IPSEC and MPLS VPNs
- Cisco Certifications CCNA must, CCDA & CCNP an advantage
- Fortinet Certification FCNSA & FCNSP an advantage
- Previous experience of requirements gathering, design and solution building and the ability to replicate this in a commercial setting
- Able to show and discuss a range of previous customer solution designs
- Be able to demonstrate familiarity with hosting as well as network solution designs and show integration between the two
- Be able to demonstrate familiarity with resilient solution design for networks and hosting and discuss security implications for the two disciplines
- Ability to develop effective working relationships internally at a variety of levels and work closely with commercial departments such as sales, operations and technical.
- Organised and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Ability to cope under pressure and prioritise work accordingly
- Willingness to travel through sales territory
- Project management experience a distinct advantage