Our Client, in the Power Rental industry is looking for an highly accomplished Project Director for one of their power plants, based in West Africa. This is an expatriate position, for 2-3 years renewable. The candidate must be a go-getter (high-flyer), with a proven track record and performance in power plants and the power rental environment.
- Must be familiar with the Region (West Africa)
- Preferably French speaking
- Very competitive salary package
About the job
- Responsible for providing Overall Operational and Business performance of the project.
- The role provides leadership to the Power Plant organization including, Finances, Operations Managers, Inventory Managers, HSE Specialist and Commercial team.
- The role will have responsibility for delivering the agreed Operational performance to the defined P&L, as well as manage the commercial relationship with client in terms of invoicing, liquidated damages and debts collection.
- Ensure company’s QHSE policies and procedures are adhered to by staffs assigned to site.
- Promotes a culture of Risk Assessments and continuous Improvement onsite.
- Conduct regular HSE/ operational audits onsite and implement actions to improve site performance
- Establish and develop a high performing team, taking in account current and future needs of the project
- Ensure Site Operations are managed as per Standard Site Operations Processes.
- Develop and manage the project budget to meet the revenue, cash, and profit requirements as set out in the board approved P&L, and as modified by agreed changes.
- Ensure that the site operate within the dictates of local laws and regulations.
- Establish and review KPIs for Project as per contracts requirements and taking actions to ensure they are met
- Liaise with Engineering on product related issues, MO completion and CFR process to guarantee Plant optimum availability.
- Ensure strong communication and partnership with central functions and other stakeholders to monitor asset performance and implement corrective actions when needed
- Manage the terms of the long-term maintenance agreement (LTMA) to ensure requirements are met.
- Meet and exceed customer expectations through sales account management and service functions
- Liaise with customers to ensure active communication by developing a key relationship with the client
- Approve the optimum stock MRP levels for the project
- Drive regular contract reviews with customer and legal team
- Ensure that all the required maintenance reporting procedures are adhered to for all the plant equipment
- Ensure equipment’s maintenance and overhauls are conducted as per OEM recommendations to guarantee product warranties.
- Drive monthly billing and collection of payments in partnership with the Commercial Team
- Resource Management and Planning including major Suppliers, Engineering Partners, Consultancies, th Company wide personnel and recruitment of agreed additional resource covering permanent and contract staffs.
- Preparation of Management Reports highlighting performance vs. targets, key issues, risks and major activities.
- Develop working practices, new ways of working and tools to drive effective business execution
- Clear communication of the project to group and regional internal customers.
Indicative performance measures:
- Direct Costs ( Major Overhauls, Planned and Unplanned maintenance)
- Indirect Cost ( transport, Salaries , accommodations , others )
- Debtor days
- Warranty Recovery
- Availability (Planned outages), Reliability ( MTBF) and Performance ( Specific Fuel consumption, start up losses)
- Production Penalties
Person Specification/ Education/ Qualifications:
- MBA level of business understanding
- Graduate Engineer or technical background with intense experience in Power plants management
- A good understanding of;
- Product and Application design within a multi-disciplinary engineering environment
- Customer and Market Insight
- Engineering and Operations principles
- Continuous Improvement methodologies
- Financial acumen
- An excellent leader who can “sell” an inspirational vision that motivates and gets the best of out of people.
- Excellent Operational skills with experience of successfully Management of major project with new product development
- Ability to communicate effectively at a senior business level
- Ability to work to tight timescales, under pressure, whilst maintaining the correct level of quality.
- Ability to balance the project needs within the commercial and technical constraints.
- Experience of a leadership role in a commercially demanding environment.
- Ability to quickly recognize critical issues, whether technical or in terms of workload, at an early stage.
- Highly committed and goal driven manager who takes personal ownership of the objectives for the team.
- Excellent communications and good organizational skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Enthusiastic and capable person who can be personally involved in finding solutions without being distracted from the management role.
- A commercial attitude and customer focus that includes the ability to incorporate customer needs into product development, taking into account cost implications and the conflicting needs of different market places.
- Ability to quickly build up an understanding of the commercial realities of the business.
- Ambitious and with the potential to move to a more senior level within the the organization.
- Understanding/speaking French will be advantageous
Apply directly on site or send CVs to email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that qualifying candidates will be contacted within two weeks. If you have not been contacted, your CV will be placed in our database for future positions.