Our client in the Telecom Sector requires a Portfolio Manager on a 3 - 6 months contract.
Responsibilities and decision ownership
- Responsible for researching and understanding the evolving trends, benchmarks and developments in the consumer digital services market, with a particular focus on Music.
- Leveraging both internal and external research and guidance to apply relevant enhancements to the Music Content and Lifestyle products and services.
- Alongside the Executive Head and team, contribute to and agree overall strategy and approach for the Music portfolio within Content and Lifestyle for mobile and fixed market segments.
- Actively track, manage and increase usage, revenue through direct-from-consumer and mobile marketing revenue streams.
- Manage and execute the Music portfolio in respect of the digital content and service platforms across all served segments, across various music disciplines (mobile, console, desktop) and gaming value propositions.
- Manage and execute the digital content and service platforms aimed at leveraging client’s sponsored Music assets, or assets wherein client owns, or has access, to the relevant digital rights.
- Support related segment led propositions through product integration with the relevant segment offerings.
- Manage technology and regulatory impacts in collaboration with the relevant business stakeholders.
- Manage and execute on objectives through collaboration and management of third party partners, services and stakeholders who contribute to and affect the Music portfolio.
- Actively participate in the product development process, from research, concept development, briefing with technical teams, compilation of product and user specifications, contribute to project team outputs, testing, go-to-market preparation and other steps as applicable.
- Interface with marketing operations teams to implement and manage all go-to-market activities.
- Customer Experience Bring music experience into every decision Listen and ask questions to understand our customers’ needs
- Constantly benchmark gamer experience against best-in-class alternatives and drive continuous improvement
- Music Portfolio Strategy and execution Drive delivery of projects to achieve business objectives in Music
- Run initiatives to improve customer satisfaction, adoption, usage, transactions and revenue
- Ownership of Music Portfolio KPI’s
- Ownership of customer satisfaction measurement for all journeys
- Drive customer adoption of Music digital content and services Continuous monitoring of performance across services and projects
Required knowledge and experience
- Customer and Music obsessed
- Customer experience and Innovation focused
- Problem solver
- Music and /or content industry relationships (across all platforms & formats)
- Communication and negotiation skills
Must have technical / professional qualifications
- Matric is essential
- A minimum of an Bachelor’s Degree in business, media or marketing areas (essential)
- A minimum of 5 – 8 years relevant experience in the music, gaming, media, content and/or telecommunications industry (essential)
- A minimum of 3-4 years’ experience with Digital marketing and Digital product management (essential)
- Product Development skills (essential) Skills and experience with music related platforms, services and products
- A passion for audiences and experiences!