The GFM manages the financial and statutory reporting function of the group, including coordinating and overseeing the finance team in terms of various financial reporting requirements. This function encompasses externally directed financial reporting to shareholders and Investor Relations as well as internally focused reporting with regards to management reports, the Board, and the Audit and Risk Committee. The objectives are the production and consolidation of timeous and accurate management reports, statutory financial statements, and reports on the overall consolidated financial results for the company.
- 7 years or more post article experience in a senior financial management role with experience in consolidations, financial reporting, and managing a team.
- Reviews journal entries passed by Financial Managers / Financial Controllers in Broll and Microsoft Dynamics365
- Computes and provides journals, with the assistance of Shareforce, for IFRS 2 amounts for the Group
- Reviews calculations (and disclosures) relating to inter alia IFRS 2, IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16, IAS 40, straight-line leasing, and PV of loans
- Oversees the Group’s application and implementation of IFRS, inclusive of new and updated standards, ED’s, and interpretations
- Manages the consolidation of financial information into meaningful reports
- Reviews and directs Financial Analysis
- Oversees plans and co-ordinates the overall financial reporting function of the company
- Responsible for the financial forecasting and budgeting process
- Reviews tax computations
- Participates and contributes to projects or initiatives across the Organisation
- Oversees relationships with auditors and provides information when required
- Advises the CFO and individual Executive Committee members on strategic initiatives
- Identifies and manages business risk