Our Client is looking for an experienced Gas Commissioning Engineer in their African Operations business unit. The incumbent will report tothe PDR Manager.
Our Client places a strong emphasis on health, operational safety and environmental protection. It is a requirement and moral obligation of each employee to be actively committed and accountable for compliance to the Aggreko Health, Safety & Environmental policies, operating procedures and compliance to local legislation.
Purpose of the Job
To ensure that Gas Projects are installed on site in a timely manner, support design of PDP (Project Design Pack) and also to support regional operations (Gas).
- Plans and executes Jenbacher commissioning to ensure that installation and commissioning is completed on time.
- Officially hand over commissioned projects to the Site Operations Manager.
- Manages installation and commissioning processes in accordance and in compliance with Company standards.
- Completes standard commissioning reports in a timely manner.
- Provides (Gas equipment) mechanical support during the life of the project.
- Support technical training to operations personnel.
- Carry out field audits on ongoing projects.
- Ongoing field support incases of planned and unplanned maintenance.
- Trouble shooting Jenbacher gas engines.
- Any other duties considered necessary to enable all aspects of field support to be effective.
- Display a commitment to operational excellence activities.
- Minimum of 5 years of Jenbacher Gas Engine experienced. (Jenbacher: Type 4 & 6) desirable.
- FTB/FTA Trained. Jenbacher recognized training, FTB/FTA level desirable
- CT1/CT2 Jenbacher Course completion/certification is a must.
- NE – XT4 experience & exposure is a must.
- Effective in Jenbacher Control systems, Engine Diagnostics.
- Familiarity in Spark Ignition System, Slim Exhaust system and other 3 basic systems associated within an Engine. Fueling system, Lean burn principle, Leanox control.
- Experience with using My plant for remote access & monitoring
- Champion the company's Gas Best Operating Practices.
- Solid background in Gas equipment process and control systems.
- Creativity and problem solving.
- Knowledge of (Gas) systems.
- Promoter of continuous improvement philosophy.
- Champion the organization's Gas Best Operating Practices.
- Solid background in Jenbacher Gas equipment process and control systems.
- Prepared to travel extensively.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Good interpersonal and personnel development skills.
- Objective driven.
- High standard of computer literacy.
- Multi skilled technical ability an advantage.
- Team player
Apply directly on site or send CVs to email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that qualifying candidates will be contacted within two weeks. If you have not been contacted, your CV will be placed in our database for future positions.