Our Client is looking for a qualified EHV Commissioning Engineer in their African Operations business unit.
Purpose of the Job
The main purpose of the job is to ensure that Projects are installed on site in a timely manner, support design of PDP (Project Design Pack) and to support regional operations (EHV). Also ensuring that extra high voltage equipment used on Company projects, complies with regulatory standards through the use of fit for purpose maintenance processes, installation, and testing techniques.
- Ensure that the EHV commissioning standards are achieved, and the installation is aligned with the designed PDP.
- Following commissioning scheduling on EHV equipment to ensure on time delivery.
- Assist Project Design Group with the preparation of EHV design, BOM creation and ‘as build’ drawings & documentation.
- Officially hand over HV installations to the OS/OM ensuring that they have a full understanding of the equipment.
- Provide electrical assistance to all sites during the life of each project
- Carry out field audits on ongoing projects.
- Visit project sites for routine maintenance, evaluations, and monitoring of HV equipm
- Carryout improvements and promote a continuous improvement philosophy on HV equipment using tools such as FMEA
- Prepares & maintains HV commissioning and service manuals.
- Carry out Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) on all new HV Transformers and switch gears
- Assist with the development of new HV equipment
- Assistwith training of site personnel on HV equipment
- Adherence to HSE Policy & ISO 9001:2000 procedures. All procedures must be understood and followed as per company policy.
- Any other assigned tasks.
- Takes care and detail in submitting written reports
- Enthusiastic and is driven to succeed
- Can work alone and as part of a team Performance, quality and cost driven.
- Displays a commitment to Operational Excellence Initiatives
- Graduate Electrical Engineer with a minimum of 5 years experience in generation equipment and systems
- Extra High Voltage (>33KV) and Distribution systems experience.
- Strong conceptual & technical competency in the Extra Voltage concepts & design.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience on a site environment
- Must be able to work under own initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Good organizational skills
- Team Player
- Able to handle multi tasks in a controlled manner
- PC literate.
- Experience managing in a multi-site operating environment
- Strong customer focus and understanding of the Site EHV operations.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong self motivation.
- Mentoring, coaching and Technical training skills.
- Planning, problem solving and coordinating skills.
Apply directly on site or send CVs to email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that qualifying candidates will be contacted within two weeks. If you have not been contacted, your CV will be placed in our database for future positions.