DIGITAL PAYMENTS/SOCIAL GRANTS EXPERT RESEARCHER
13 MONTH PART TIME FREE LANCE CONTRACT
Consultant will be paid by the hour
We are looking for the services of a consultant with in-depth knowledge of grant distribution models for the Covid19 Payments: (SRD).
The consultant/ consulting firm applying for this assignment must have the following minimum qualification and experience/ a team comprising of individuals with the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree or business-related qualification. (Min qualification Masters preferred but not essential)
- At least 10 years’ retail payment experience and practical involvement in digital payments.
- Thorough knowledge at the level of industry expert and awareness of regulatory influences in the retail payment space.
- Knowledge of international best practice on the distribution of grants, preferably with cross-country experience.
- Thorough understanding of the domestic payment landscape.
- Knowledge of grant distribution systems and an understanding of the environment in which the grants are being received.
- Excellent proven problem solving, communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills.
This Job Will Entail The Following:
- An assessment of SASSA’s grant distribution process including the SRD grant implementation for efficiency, cost effectiveness and user experience (e.g. Inclusivity, usability, convenience, choice, dignity). The total process, from applicant on-boarding, internal SASSA verification and approval processes, payment initiation process to recipients receiving the payment must be included.
- An assessment of the global grant/state assistance/safety net payments industry and extracting lessons where applicable to improve the South African grant distribution process.
- A review of previous research conducted on the SASSA grant distribution process and extracting any findings/ recommendations which will be useful for this project.
- Based on the assessment and review detailed above design a new customer oriented, efficient and cost-effective grant administration and distribution solution which takes into account the SA landscape and leverages current and unfolding payment landscape. Such a system must meet grant recipients’ needs and promote usage by allowing for ease of transactional and general payment needs.
- Conduct a gap analysis which will direct the Agency to move from its current state to the desired “new process” state and develop a plan to address gaps identified including skills and knowledge gaps. This analysis should also highlight interdependencies with other project workstreams and assign ownership within SASSA.