Our Client is looking for a qualified installation and Commissioning Technician - HV in their African Operations business unit.
Purpose of the Job
The main purpose of the job is to ensure that extra high voltage equipment used on projects, complies with regulatory standards through the use of fit for purpose maintenance processes, installation and testing techniques
- Ensure that the HV commissioning standards are achieved and the installation is aligned with the designed PDP.
- Following commissioning scheduling on HV equipment to ensure on time delivery.
- Assist EG with the preparation of HV design and ‘as build’ drawings and documentation.
- Officially hand over HV installations to the OS/OM ensuring that they have a full understanding of the equipment.
- Provide electrical assistance to all sites during the life of each project.
- Carry out field audits on ongoing projects.
- Visit project sites for routine maintenance, evaluations and monitoring of HV equipment.
- Carry out improvements and promote a continuous improvement philosophy on HV equipment.
- Prepares & maintains HV commissioning and service manuals.
- Carry out Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) on all new HV Transformers and switchgears
- Assist with the development of new HV equipment.
- Ongoing mentoring of HV & Commissioning Engineers/Technicians and assist with their training & development.
- Assist with training of site personnel on HV equipment.
- Adherence to HSE Policy & ISO9001:2000 procedures. All procedures must be understood and followed as per company policy.
- Annual appraisal reviews of commissioning engineers
- Any other assigned tasks.
- Displays a commitment to Operational Excellence initiatives
- Graduate Electrical Engineer with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in generation equipment and systems
- High Voltage (<33KV) and Distribution systems experience.
- Available to travel on a global basis at short notices
- Strong conceptual & technical competency in the High Voltage concepts & design.
- Experience leading/managing, Operations and service technicians would be a definite advantage
- Experience managing in a multi-site operating environment
- PC literacy in a Microsoft environment or ERP system.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Strong customer focus and understanding of the Site EHV operations.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong self-motivation.
- Mentoring, coaching and Technical training skills.
- Planning, problem solving and coordinating skills.
Apply directly on site or send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com.
Please note that qualifying candidates will be contacted within two weeks. If you have not been contacted, your CV will be placed in our database for future positions.