Our Client is looking for a qualified installation and Commissioning Technician (Gas) in their African Operations business unit.
Purpose of the Job
To ensure that Gas Projects are installed on site in a timely manner, support design of PDP (Project Design Pack) and also to support regional operations (Gas).
- Plans and executes Cummins QSK60 commissioning to ensure that installation and commissioning is completed on time.
- Officially hand over commissioned projects to the Site Operations Manager.
- Manages installation and commissioning processes in accordance and in compliance with Company standards.
- Completes standard commissioning reports in a timely manner.
- Provides (Gas equipment) mechanical support during the life of the project.
- Support technical training to operations personnel.
- Carry out field audits on ongoing projects.
- Ongoing field support incases of planned and unplanned maintenance.
- Trouble shooting Cummins QSK60 gas engines.
- Any other duties considered necessary to enable all aspects of field support to be effective.
- Display a commitment to operational excellence activities.
- Mechanical Engineer.
- Fluent in English.
- Has minimum HNC/ NVQ or equivalent and has completed a full modern apprenticeship.
- Minimum of three years relevant Cummins QSK60 commissioning experience
- Minimum of three years relevant gas field experience.
- Hands on experience with gas engines associated to a power plant would be a major advantage.
- Gas Safety awareness trained.
- Knowledge of (Gas) systems.
- Promoter of continuous improvement philosophy.
- Champion the Company's Gas Best Operating Practices.
- Solid background in Cummins Gas equipment process and control systems.
- Prepared to travel extensively.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Good interpersonal and personnel development skills.
- Objective driven.
- High standard of computer literacy.
- Multi skilled technical ability an advantage.
- Team player
Apply directly on site or send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com.
Please note that qualifying candidates will be contacted within two weeks. If you have not been contacted, your CV will be placed in our database for future positions.