Our Client is looking for a highly experienced Commissioning Lead to ensure the successful handover of projects from the design, installation, testing & commissioning into the operational phases,as well as enable the safe and efficient handover of projects to the operations team upon completion of commissioning activities.
He/she must develop methodology for embedding completions management processes across all the Company's Power Solutions.
The incumbent will be based in Dubai, UAE.
- As part of the planning phase, develops completion criteria for each phase of the project to ensure smooth transitions from project design, through delivery, to commercial operation.
- Reviews the contractual scope documents to ensure that project design, commissioning and start-up requirements are clearly defined and communicated to internal stakeholders.
- Develops and maintains standards, documents and systems to identify and track all actions to be completed before project phase-gate transfer, organizes and chairs phase-gate review meetings.
- Assists the Project Manager and Project Engineer with the preparation of the pre-commissioning, commissioning and performance test procedures.
- Assists the procurement function to define third party scope of supply, including site work plans and all requisite QA/QC documentation.
- Witnesses, if required, Factory Acceptance Testing of bespoke equipment.
- Develops the technical elements of the Project Quality Plan and completions documentation requirements for each project phase as part of the PMO process
- Reviews existing inspection, test and commissioning documents and procedures, updates and develops any additional required to ensure consistency and compatibility with the PMO process
- Develops test documentation and procedures for project specific/bespoke plant items, third party products and the introduction of new Company products.
- Performs site visits to witness hold points / third party acceptance tests and to ensure the completions and compliance processes are embedded into the project delivery culture
Reports non-compliant issues to the project sponsors and engages the relevant personnel to progress and close them out.
- Monitors and carries out percentage witness testing of the onsite execution of final testing, power plant proving, client sign-off and operational transfer of Centrally delivered complex projects
Ensures the completion of relevant third-party reports and governmental / legislative certificates.
- Continually develops the technical elements of the Commissioning and Completions process through project reviews and personnel feedback
- Randomly inspects and appraises project commissioning and completions results to embed compliance activities into Business-As-Usual project delivery culture.
- Support the document control system that is easily accessible and adaptable completions database for the tracking of projects through each phase gate as well as the uploading, sharing and storage of applicable commissioning documentation
- Degree in Engineering
- Holds, or is working towards, a recognized project management qualification [APM etc.]
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a technical capacity within the temporary power industry / 10 years total managerial and technical experience.
- A cross functional [engineering/projects] background is desirable, as is Oil & Gas or construction industry experience.
- Experience with hazard & operability studies, FAT testing and project commissioning.
- Experience working in remote locations with multicultural teams is desirable.
- Resilient and headstrong, yet open to ideas and inputs from others.
- Able to breakdown complex technical information to be relevant and accessible for non-technical personnel.
- Comfortable engaging and communicating across all levels of the business
- Familiar with risk & opportunity management techniques.
- Fluency in English is essential, multi-language skills would be an advantage
- Management & leadership skills
- Relationship builder
- Ability to work alone but can integrate and be part of a team
- Creative problem solver
- Influencer without authority
- Comfortable working in a high capacity environment
- Strong written & oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to learn and understand new technologies and processes
- Ability to bring project to successful completion
- Ability to manage across multiple projects
- Ability to motivate, lead and drive results
Apply directly on site or send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com.
Please note that qualifying candidates will be contacted within two weeks. If you have not been contacted, your CV will be placed in our database for future positions.