Our client, based in Middelburg (Mpumalanga) and in the manufacturing industry is currently looking to employ a Team Manager: Clearing and Forwarding (EE).
Awesome career opportunity awaits!
Main purpose of the position:
- The primary function of the Team Manager, Clearing and Forwarding is to manage performance of the administration staff for the Import and Export clearing and forwarding function, both in house and by external 3rd party suppliers.
- Responsible to manage the import and export administration function for accurate and efficient data generation / reporting
- Ensure the administration functions are optimized and improved where necessary within the required lead time
- Ensure minimum time loss prior to the commencement of invoicing
- Reporting the budget related issues
- Responsible to inform Area Manager Imports and Exports of any perceived problems
- Manage the import and export administration team and administer the external contractors
- Manage the clearing and forwarding for all company Imports and Exports
- Ensuring that all parties both internal and external adhere to both the company and the various governing bodies rules and regulation and that any problems are solved timeously in order to ensure smooth import and exports
- Controlling of the pre checking of invoices and payment
- All invoices that are received by service providers are checked for validity and then allocated to various order number or cost centre, recorded, and then handed to Area Manager for final approval
- Auditing SARS documentation issued on behalf of the company by the team or any 3rd party service provider, to make sure that all paperwork complies with all laws and regulations.
- Minimum qualification of a Grade 12 and a National Diploma
- SDS Customs course / or similar course will be highly advantageous
- Certificate / Diploma issued by ITRISA will be advantageous
- Customs / Clearing and forwarding workshop/s will be an added advantage
- 5 - 10 years’ experience within a clearing and forwarding environment
- Good knowledge and understanding of shipping lines, TPT (Transnet Port Terminal) and TNPA (Transnet National Port Authority) compliances and processes, import and export customs rules, regulations and compliances, legal and ethical requirements of the shipping, clearing and transport industry, maritime shipping, sea and air freight, clearing and forwarding process.
- Needs to understand various purchasing terms (INCOTERMS), government acts, road legislation, warehouse procedures, shipping and insurance issues.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of the clearing and forwarding of import and export cargo.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.