Our client in the manufacturing industry based in Middleburg Mpumalanga is currently looking to employ a Senior Project Engineer (Mechanical).
Main purpose of the position:
- To perform Feasibility Studies, Engineer, Cost, Procure, Manage and Implement Capital Projects with a strong focus on basic engineering of civil, structural and mechanical disciplines and Project Management of a complete project.
- Minimum qualification of a BSc / B Eng or B-Tech Mechanical Engineering – GCC and People Management Diploma will be advantageous.
- Experience: 10 years Mechanical experience, of which 5 years must be in the engineering and management of Capital Projects in Heavy Industry
- Steel manufacturing industry experience will be advantageous.
- Knowledge: Conceptual design and engineering, contract and construction management, project and team management, costing and cost control.
- Aptitude: Strategic thinker with strong analytical ability, cope well under pressure and be decisive.
- Skills: People management, Communication skills (written and spoken) and MS Office.
The job is a Senior Project Engineer/Manager Role reporting to the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for:
- Capital project assessments and implementation with a primary focus on civil, structural and mechanical projects
- Ensuring that designs, engineering and construction activities conform with the OSHAct, Construction Regulations and associated design standards and Codes of Practice, as well as internal standards and procedures
- Tight cost and contract management to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Developing and managing an effective project team of direct and indirect reports to ensure that targets are consistently achieved.
- Ensuring that the equipment is reliable by ensuring the design is robust, tried and tested, utilizes quality components and systems from trusted suppliers
- Making recommendations regarding improved mechanical maintenance methodologies.
- Manage and oversee investigations of complex mechanical failures, such as insurance claims and make improvements in design and engineering for better reliability and life cycle cost.
- Conduct feasibility studies to improve and expand the capacity and capability of Plant and Machinery.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.