Our client in the manufacturing industry is currently looking to employ a Production Engineer. This position will be based in Middelburg Mpumalanga.
- This exciting role demands a BEng qualification preferably Metallurgy or Chemical Engineering with 5 years’ experience in the steelmaking process (melting, refining and casting)
- High quality and safety standards
- Able to handle stress, show excellent attention to detail when dealing with high volumes of data, employing strategic and analytical ability to coach professional and skilled team members
- Must be a proactive, self-driven team player able to work independently and also have excellent communication, planning and organising skills
- Strong leadership, good judgement, management skills and strong business acumen is of the utmost importance
- Knowledge of pyro metallurgical processes will be an added advantage.
- The incumbent will be appointed as Production Engineer in the Steel Plant business unit reporting to the Area Manager.
- Optimise and continuously improve the production processes in the Steel Plant adhering to the QCDSM (Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Morale) framework
- Ensuring that the business KPI’s are met and improved
- Functions include overseeing the three shift production teams, ensuring safety and quality compliance within the team in accordance with the relevant standards and cost effectively executing all production related activities.
- Be the custodian of the metallurgical processes through reporting, analysing and monitoring process and product quality, recommending improved processes based on trials and ensuring the implementation of the corrective actions.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.