Our client in the manufacturing industry based in Middelburg, Mpumalanga is currently looking to employ an Imports Administrator (EE).
- Administers the clearing, and forwarding of all sea and air freight imports on a documentation level.
- Knowledgeable on all requirements regarding import activities, Internal and external representation, liaison with government departments, shipping lines, unpack depot, freight forwarder, transporters and any other service provider.
- Ensuring that the daily administration requirements and pre-determined deadlines are met.
- Responsible to follow up on all import shipments.
- Prepare all clearing and forwarding documents to ensure fast and efficient importation of goods.
- Ensure documentation complies with set standards and regulation of various stakeholders and legal entities.
- Must have grade 12 and a BCom degree
- 5 to 8 years’ experience
- Shipping and Clearing and forwarding will be an added advantage
- Must have experience working in imports
- Experience in Customs Clearing Part 1 and Customs Clearing Part 2
- Basic knowledge of purchasing function
- Experience of legal and ethical requirements of the shipping, clearing and forwarding and transport industry
- PC literacy
- Good knowledge of Port Authorities both TPT and TNPA, SARS - Customs rules and regulations
- Good organizational skills to an administrative role, effective time management and flexibility
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-disciplined and committed to following strict procedures
- Honesty and respect for confidentiality
- Self-driven with a sense of urgency
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.