A reputable agricultural company situated in Middelburg (Eastern Cape) is seeking to employ a Distribution Centre Manager with a minimum of 5 years' experience to join their team.
JOB TITLE: Distribution Centre Manager
JOB TITLE THIS POSITION REPORTS TO: Director customer services, logistics and procurement
DIRECT REPORTS: Distribution supervisors, Distribution clerks, Shipping clerks, Packers, Loading overseers.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB PURPOSE:
To handle all processes involved in a supply chain, liaising with a variety of parties including suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers in a two-way process with return of goods. To coordinate processes to ensure customer satisfaction and strategically respond to external influences, such as legislation, fuel costs and environmental pressures.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES:
Tertiary qualification in logistics/supply chain, industrial engineering or business/finance.
At least 5 years commercial experience, preferably in a nationally recognised organisation, within an FMCG environment, performing logistics/supply chain roles.
- Commercial awareness and some numeracy
- Ability to work logically and systematically
- Superior people skills
- Excellent motivational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Decision-making skills
- Using information technology
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to think laterally
- Time management
- Positive attitude
- Ability to manage change
- Team player
- Driving accountability
- Drive and energy
- Initiating action
- Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Cross-cultural awareness
- Impact and influence
- Business understanding
- Facilitating and managing performance
- Attracting, developing and retaining talent
- Strategic focus
- Articulating and cascading the vision and values
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE:
- Manage transportation, stock control and warehousing.
- Ensure structures are in place to monitor the flow of goods and materials.
- Forecast stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and performance evaluation by using IT systems.
MAIN ACTIVITIES OF THIS ROLE:
- Provide efficient distribution support service
- Monitor the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods.
- Coordinate and control the order cycle and associated information systems.
- Analyse data to monitor performance and plan improvements and demand.
- Liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers.
- Develop business by gaining new contracts, analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions.
- Implement health and safety procedures.
- Plan and manage projects.
- Provide consultancy services using specialist knowledge, such as mechanical-handling systems.
- Effective people management of warehouse support staff
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs.
- Manage staff.
- Train staff.
- Motivate other members of the team.
- Set objectives.
- Manage the section within time and budget.
- Plan, select, develop and maintain suitable manpower capabilities for the function.
- Develop, lead and maintain a motivated and high-performance team.
- Identify and timeously address functional related problems and opportunities.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
- Provide technical direction.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legal and statutory requirements and internationally accepted environmental, health, safety and quality standards.
R 30 000 – R 35 000 CTC