I am recruiting for a Head of Label Department, for a Food Processing company just outside Malmesbury
- Ensuring that products conform to labelling legislation.
- Supervise Label Department
- Development of Product Labels
- Ensure that food products meet required standards.
- Maintaining and complying with the implemented systems.
- Audit the day-to-day quality control activities of the Labeling department.
- Execute the daily production schedule for Filling and Labeling.
- Follow standard operating procedures and good document practices.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Leadership - Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Reviewing and proofreading designs to ensure that copy, layout, and dimensions are print-ready.
- Communicating updates, feedback, and issues with the clients, managers, and the creative team.
- Maintaining the brand's consistency across all designs and printed materials.
- Collaborates with R&D, Regulatory, Quality to create labeling for food products. Ensure
that labeling, art, film and proofs meet all legal and regulatory requirements. Along with
Regulatory, monitor changes in labeling requirements in SA and abroad.
- Facilitates the review and approval processes for all artwork and labeling from development through final
proofs. Use seasoned judgment and feedback from personal experience to evaluate content of labeling
changes and determine appropriate reviewers, disposition of stock and implementation strategies.
Proposes solutions for confirmation by supervisor.
- Develops editor's copies and review artwork ensuring that all components meet the appropriate labeling
requirements and guidelines. Gathers and evaluates all relevant information to support labeling changes
for each project and maintains detailed audit trail.
- Whether there will be enough material in stock on the scheduled production date
Essential Skills and Criteria
- Minimum 2 Years experience in a similar position
- Tertiary qualifications related to Food Labelling Legislation