General Employment - Other General Employment
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensure all employees, including management team are trained and competent in their respective roles.
- Manage discipline, grievances, time, and attendance and ensure overtime is kept within legal limits.
- Provide motivation, support, and guidance to all employees.
- Communicate any problems or obstacles to senior management.
- Understand different products and their handling requirements and ensure adherence to strict quality control standards and avoid deviations, rejections, and double handling.
- Ensure that production processes run reliably and efficiently by planning and organizing production schedules and resource requirements (people, equipment, PPE, and work tools)
- Ensure employees are competent in all areas of the operation (multi-skilled)
- Ensure that Millwrights are adequately skilled and competent to support production.
- Thoroughly understand equipment used for production, e.g., Pastille system, drumming and dry blending,
- Ensure production levels meet and surpass customer expectations (qualitatively and quantitatively)
- Liaise closely with client (attend client production planning meetings, SLA meetings, safety meetings and plant walk-downs, etc)
- Manage operational budget and minimize expenditure.
- Implement performance management and talent management system (incl. succession planning)
- Manage and evaluate machine resources, e.g., forklifts and other equipment, to ensure safe production and minimal downtime.
- Ensure equipment is well maintained and available, i.e., routine and ad-hoc maintenance of equipment.
- Manage mileage and diesel consumption of forklifts to ensure compliance with agreements/contracts with supplier and client, respectively.
- Ensure proper record keeping of equipment routine checks, service, mileage, and diesel consumption.
- Manage the management team, including Safety Officer, Training Officer, SAP
- Oversee a workforce of 80 employees in the packaging department and supervise their performance.
- Ensure reduction of expenses and increased productivity by introducing continuous process improvements to avoid wastage.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma in Production/Operations Management or Industrial Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in production/operations management at middle management level
- Production planning and scheduling
- Project management skills
- Production Management
- Organizing and efficiency
- Time management
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Quality management
- Problem solving skills.
- Health and safety
- Computer and numerical skills
- Communication skills
- Team building/motivation skills