Permanent full-time position, with competitive package and fringe benefits.
Main purpose of the job:
- To ensure that the Medical Ward is at all times efficiently managed and staffed conforming to all medic-legal aspects relative to the health care industry.
- To ensure that the quality of services is provided to all participating Doctors, patients and staff.
- All stocks are correctly recorded, received and appropriately stored.
- Ensure that all ward equipment is in good state of repair and serviced at regular intervals.
Education, experience and competencies required:
- Degree/Diploma: General Nursing Science with Midwifery.
- Post Basic Diploma in Nursing Management required (SANC Registered).
- Post Basic Diploma in Operating Theatre Technique required (SANC Registered).
- Minimum of 5 (five) years nursing experience required.
- Minimum of 5 (five) years Theatre experience in a private hospital required.
- Previous HOD experience would be an added advantage.
- Hands on approach.
- Strong Leadership qualities
- Proof of registration with the Nursing Council and proof of personal indemnity is required.
- Ability to maintain excellent standards and service levels.
- Customer service focus.
- Integrity and willing to work flexible hours – hospital call on a rotational basis.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (Ability to speak and write English) other languages would be an added advantage.
- Mature personality with abilities to assist with patients in a courteous and polite manner.
- To be punctual and reliable.
- To be able to work as part of a team and to assist where necessary.
- Managerial and supervisory qualities is required.
Involvement in the operation requires the following responsibilities:
Accountability and responsibility
- Meeting all the required outputs as stipulated by the Job Guidelines.
- Ensuring that accurate stock counts are performed when required.
- Ensuring that stock is accounted for and equipment is maintained.
- Ensuring that all patient billing is performed accurately.
- Ensuring that on-going in-service education is performed in the ward.
- Theatre standby and willing to be called out on a rotational basis
- Application of policies for the operation within the Hospital industry.
- Ensure that all documentation required is correctly complete and appropriately filed and distributed.
- Ensuring adherence to all relevant statutes, statutory bodies, rules and regulations, disciplinary code and staff employee manuals.