Main Purpose of the Job:
- Ensuring that the hospital conforms to all medico-legal aspects relative to the health care industry.
- To ensure the highest quality of services is provided to all participating Doctors, patients and staff.
- Ensuring stocks are correctly recorded, received and appropriately stored.
- To ensure the smooth running of the hospital during the on duty night shifts.
- Communication on a professional level with Doctors, patients, visitors and general hospital staff.
Education, Experience, and competencies required:
- Degree/Diploma: General Nursing Science with Midwifery
- Post Basic Diploma in Nursing Administration required (SANC Registered)
- Post Basic Diploma in Trauma / Critical Care Nursing required (SANC Registered)
- Minimum of 5 (five) years nursing experience in a private hospital required
- Previous Night Supervisor experience would be an added advantage
- Hands-on approach
- 2019 SANC Annual Practicing Certificate, indicating all qualifications required.
- Ability to maintain excellent standards and service levels
- Customer service focus
- Integrity and willing to work flexible hours – Night Duty Only
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (Ability to speak and write English) other languages would be an added advantage
- Mature personality with abilities to assist with patients in a courteous and polite manner
- To be punctual and reliable
- To be able to work as part of a team and to assist where necessary
- Managerial and supervisory qualities is recommended
Accountability and responsibility
- Meeting all the required outputs as stipulated by the Job Guidelines
- Ensuring that accurate stock counts are performed when required
- Ensuring that stock is accounted for and equipment is maintained
- Ensuring that all patient billing is performed accurately
- Ensuring that on-going in-service education is performed
- Constantly monitoring the smooth running of the Hospital
- Monitoring of all staffing requirements for the Hospital (Off-duties, leave and sick leave, etc.)
- Continual Doctor liaison and inter-departmental relationships
- Application of policies for the operation within the Hospital Industry