Our client, an accounting firm based in Knysna, is looking for a Tax Consultant and Administrator.
- BCom (Acc) or similar.
- Solid knowledge of the Income Tax Act.
- Practical experience in dealing with SARS (beneficial).
- Excellent computer skills required on software such as Microsoft Office programs, Cloudtax, etc.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken).
- Must be able to communicate directly with clients in a professional and confident manner.
- Prepare and submit income tax returns for all types of taxpayers, including provisional tax returns.
- Handling SARS queries like verifications and audits and submission of objections to SARS.
- Provide sound tax advice to clients.
- Administration of the tax process of the practice, ensuring deadlines are met and SARS correspondence followed up, etc.
- Keeping clients informed of their tax status and deadlines, etc.
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Capable of working independently.
- Deadline driven.
- Strong administration skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to take initiative.
- Strong analytical skills.