- To manage a restaurant in accordance with Restaurant’s Policies and Procedures.
- To maximize restaurant sales and profitability by effective deployment of labor, assets, and production costs.
- To maintain excellence in the execution of all duties.
- To focus on exceeding customer expectations.
- To focus on developing and training staff, as well as to provide negative and positive reinforcement, and to recognize and reward superior performance.
- To maximize the profitability of the restaurant by monitoring food, packaging, and labor costs as well as controllable expenditure to ensure that these are in line with established targets.
- Ensure that all restaurant resources, i.e. Labour, product, supplies, tills, and equipment are at the correct levels to meet the various volumes of business.
- Ensure that all cash handling and in-restaurant banking procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Do a daily, weekly, and monthly stock check in the restaurant.
- To ensure that the correct level of supplies is ordered, deliveries checked, and that stock levels are monitored on a daily and weekly basis and any discrepancies are fully investigated and reported.
- To prepare the weekly labor schedules in advance and to ensure all shifts are properly staffed and that labor costs are in line with the budget.
- To ensure that the mix of staff recruited in no way conflicts with the Company’s non-discriminatory policy.
- To ensure that all staff receive a comprehensive induction and are correctly trained to perform those tasks assigned to them and that they are actively encouraged to progress through the training program.
- To provide development for staff and to ensure that succession planning is carried out to ensure full management of the restaurant.
- To ensure that the Policies and Procedures are followed to minimize employee relations issues within the restaurant.
- To action recruitment and termination payroll change documentation and to forward these updates to the HR Department.
- To coordinate, hold and record monthly staff meetings to discuss various issues which affect the restaurant/team.
- To ensure that all restaurant staff and management are fully trained in fire procedures, health, safety, and food hygiene practices as well as security and robbery procedures.
- To ensure that all daily, weekly, and monthly administration is completed accurately in line with procedures.
- To ensure that accurate operating reports are kept.
- Ensure that standards are in accordance with HACCP.
- Ensure that the Safety, Health, and Hygiene standards are in accordance with statutory regulations. • To carry out Local Store Marketing activities as authorized by the Regional Operations Manager.
- To monitor all local competitor activity and any local activities - this may affect the volume of business.
- To coordinate the implementation of in-store promotions and ensure that all staff is fully briefed in advance of promotions.
- To monitor operating practices and to action, any problems identified.
- Demonstrate belief in people by treating each person in the restaurant fairly and with respect.
- Recognize individuals frequently and encourages them to recognize each other.
- Coach and support staff and ensure that they are fully trained and the job training is effective.
- Demonstrate teamwork by helping staff and management with their work, cross-training them, effectively resolving their concerns, and holding regular team meetings.
- Hire, develops, and promotes restaurant staff in consultation with Area / Regional manager.
- Administer progressive discipline as needed, ensures compliance with all statutory regulations
- Grade 12 / NQF 4
- 3 years Fast Food/Restaurant Manager experience preferably KFC or Pizza Hut
- Creditworthiness (ITC check) and no criminal record
- Micros /GAAP POS – 3 years’ experience
- Only SA citizens will be considered
Kencorp Executive Search
P O Box 136893 Alberton North
Kencorp Executive Search was founded early 2005 and offers the combined expertise of 20 years of experience. Kencorp specializes in sourcing and placing professional and experienced candidates in the Hospitality, Pharmaceutical, FMCG, IT and Legal industries. We provide a fully comprehensive service including screening and reference checking for all our candidates which includes a candidate database and a guarantee period on all our candidates placed. This is to safe-guard you, our client, as well as the candidate and ensures that you are completely satisfied that you have made the right choice for your organization and that the candidate is happy in their new working environment.
Kencorp strives to bring you:
- Increased profits and sales
- Decreased costs
Kencorp is proud to be a member of APSO and runs the business strictly according to the APSO Code of Ethics. The Company prides itself in staff solutions for the ultimate results in Client needs and Candidate career choice. The aim is for successful permanent placements and Client/Candidate satisfaction. We are a BEE compliant company and have EME Certification.