Provide friendly, tentative and timely service in order to create an exceptional experience. To assist in the day to day running of the restaurant and to help ensure the Village N Life concepts, manuals, SOPs and logs are always kept current and implemented.
QUALIFICATION: Grade 12 or equivalent
Accommodation Certificate/Hotel School diploma is advantageous.
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience in the same or similar position in a 4/5-star hotel
Familiar with all duties and procedures in a restaurant Environment
MS Office (Word, Excel and Email) is essential
Opera experience is advantageous
- Ensure service levels are maintained and sustained in the Restaurant and Front Office.
- Manage front desk, dining room, catering and ensure that tables are always setup correctly.
- Communicate with service, kitchen staff and reception staff regarding reservations and special events, check-ins and check-outs.
- Ensure staff training is updated and signed for and that all evidence is in each staff members personnel file.
- Maintain the Aesthetics Manual for food and beverage.
- Maintain the Facilities Management Manual for food and beverage.
- Producing management reports as required.
- Sign off monthly income statements.
- Be familiar with guests staying at the hotel and walk-in cliental.
Marketing and Sales
- Inform and enquire if guests are part of the VNL Leisure Club.
- Recognise guests who regularly visit the bar/restaurant.
- Upsell F&B, accommodation and tourism services.
- Schedule staff hours and assign duties for staff by drawing up the weekly roster.
- Ensure that all staff work the minimum number of contractual hours per month.
- Establish standards for personal performance and customer service.
- Ensure quality and concepts are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure stock control system is maintained.
- Daily beverage counts and variance reports to be signed off.
- Do Duty Manager shifts where you would be representing the company as “the most senior person on property.”
- Ensure that all SOPs and policies are adhered to on property.
- Make dining and other reservations for guests and obtain tickets for events.
- Provide information about local features such as shopping, dining, nightlife, and recreational destinations.
- Ensure you are familiar with guests staying at the property.
- Recognise regulars who visit the property.
- Have good knowledge all restaurant menu items.
- Serve guests speedily and accurately.
- Ensure that customers are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Prepare checks that itemise and total meal and beverage costs and sales taxes.
- Upsell the other outlets, accommodation and tourism services.
- Handle guest complaints and comments.
- Responsible for all guests’ needs as requested.
- Check guests’ identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Complete the opening checklist and ensure that the restaurant is prepared for guests.
- Maintain effective stock control and record goods needed.
- Ensure sufficient stock of beers, wine, liquor, and related supplies.