PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To lead the Engineering Team in the safe and cost-effective execution of the Asset Capability Assurance process through clearly defined strategies and objectives for maintenance of plant, equipment & facilities for the site.
SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT AND QUALITY:
- Manage SHEQ compliance within the Department through effective use of the Toolbox
- Utilise the Information Management System (IMS) to initiate, investigate and report SHEQ status.
- Key customers: Production, Logistics and Finance
- Jointly define annual service level agreements with site production personnel
- Put systems and controls in place that will ensure that the site is maintained:
- at specified performance and within prescribed technical & legal requirements,
- that will permit a safe and environmentally acceptable operation, and to meet the required production-rated capacity at minimum life cycle costs.
Manage the Department by:
- Ensure an enabling climate/culture
- Manage labour stability by minimising labour turnover
- Ensure labour complement in line with budget and achieve HDSA and Female targets for the Section
- Manage performance against set targets and competencies and conduct career discussions with identified talent
- Ensure discipline is maintained (absenteeism, lateness, overtime, misconduct, etc.)
- Coach and counsel people to ensure improved performance levels
- Conduct recruitment interviews
- Provide training for students and graduates.
- Document and review the overall Engineering strategy on an annual basis to ensure that it is aligned with the business plan
- Ensure strict adherence to maintenance work and management principles (percent planned work, adherence to schedule, number of breakdowns, number of proactive requests) to obtain maximum plant availability at minimum maintenance cost per unit produced
- Manage the Engineering Assets to ensure that they produce at their designed capacity and are periodically refurbished to their original condition to ensure optimal life
- Ensure strict adherence to the relevant engineering standards and specifications
- Periodically audit the asset and documentation to obtain maximum standardisation of spares and new plant installations on the site.
- Manage Continuous Improvement through Operational Excellence
- Foster a climate of continuous improvement
- Develop the capability of the maintenance organisation site-wide.
- Monitor and control the Departmental costs
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- B.Eng./BSc. (Eng.) Degree or Technikon Diploma
- Government Certificate of Competency
- At least 10 years post qualification experience
- Masters Degree
- Professional registration with ECSA
Please send your cv to Cv@weoutsource.co.za