A large grower, packer and exporter of South African citrus seeks to employ a Site Logistics Manager. The position reports in to the Operations Manager, and has two direct managerial reports with sub-ordinates.
- Grade 12, and formal tertiary qualifications in Logistics or Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- Pack house / operations experience will be advantageous, specifically in FMCG environment, with perishable goods
- A minimum of 3 years logistics management experience will be advantageous.
- Valid driver’s license with own vehicle
Key Performance Areas include:
- Overall accountability for the site logistics function, which includes inbound and outbound logistics for both Packhouses.
- Establish integration between fruit receiving, fruit quality, planning as well as pack program priorities determined by marketing department.
- Assist with order planning and scheduling [available fruit vs line capabilities vs marketing requirements]
- Ensure service delivery to Freight forwarding is of the highest standard.
- Key supplier management, including transporters.
- Accountable for the stock control function relating to packing material and chemicals.
- Compilation of annual budget and responsible for department financial performance.
- Responsible to deliver on all key performance areas.
- Establish a lean dynamic people structure to achieve site and company goals.
- Ensuring adherence to Health and Safety procedures, BRC and HACCP standards and take corrective actions on any deviations
Competencies / Additional skills:
- Excellent Communications and people management skills.
- Ability to work accurately and within time pressures.
- Problem solving and change facilitation.
- Strategic thinking ability.
- Advance computer and especially Excel skills.
- Sound knowledge of HR Practices.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link