Our client, a market leader, is seeking to appoint and experienced and dynamic Production Line Manger at their Kirkwood operation.
Planning and execution of the packing of citrus on a production line. This involves managing the people and other resources to pack product that is on specification and production costs and goals are achieved.
Key areas of responsibility will amongst other include:
- Ensure that hourly and daily production and quality targets are met.
- Identify areas and reasons for poor production and address them.
- Ensuring the adherence to local and international food safety standards and requirements.
- Assurance of continuous quality control measures.
- Report any equipment failure and maintenance requirements to Engineering department.
- Record all relevant production and technical data.
- Maintain and utilize various reports as dashboards in order to measure against targets.
- Identify development areas and manage people performance.
- Pro-active planning of staff, stock and other resources with internal departments.
- Effective control of all employee relations, disciplinary, grievance and absenteeism related matters.
- Present daily production progress and planning reports at Management meetings.
- The candidate must have passed Grade 12 (Matric)
- Formal qualification in Production / Operations management will be an advantage.
- Minimum of (5) years’ experience managing a large team in a citrus production environment.
- Proven Computer literacy – MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook). Able to draw reports on excel.
The successful candidate must be willing to work night shift / day shift and be willing to be part of the maintenance team outside the fruit-packing period.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.