Our client, in the agricultural industry is currently looking to employ a Packhouse Manager at their Kirkwood operation. The ideal candidate will come from an FMCG, Packaging, Manufacturing, and / or Motor industry background.
Main Purpose of the Position:
To pack and dispatch quality citrus fruit for export and local market in the most productive and cost effective manner; effective utilization of machinery, equipment and material within standards set by Market Agents and application of sound labour relations.
- A relevant Tertiary qualification in Engineering or Operations Management.
- 10 Years’ management experience within a production, manufacturing, or citrus packing environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of BRC, HACCP, and Global GAP accreditation advantageous.
- Experience in managing a Production or Packhouse facility is essential.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- The successful candidate must be willing to work either day or night shift during the season.
- Achieve Packhouse goals and objectives through the agreed KPI’s.
- Formulate and execute continuous improvement plans.
- Coordination and execution of the packing program as planned and prioritised by the Marketing department.
- Effectively manage staff and ensure compliance with company policies.
- Ensure compliance with food safety and sanitation requirements.
- Manage costs within the Packhouse against the budget.
- Lead and motivate Packhouse team to take ownership and pride in delivering the highest quality of product according to grade.
- Apply WCM or Lean techniques to improve accuracy and productivity.
- Communication and assistance to growers (primary customer).
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within two weeks of applying.