Our client in the Agricultural / Citrus industry, and based in Kirkwood, is currently looking to employ an IT Engineer (Systems).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 as per the national senior certificate requirements (Umalusi endorsed).
- A relevant B-Degree (M+3) at a recognized and SAQA accredited university, preferable a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent will be advantageous.
- 3-5 years’ experience in generalist IT practice, with some software and DB exposure / experience.
- General understanding of the fruit agricultural industry preferable
- Extensive understanding of the portfolio of information technology;
- General business acumen;
- General understanding of supporting systems in a multi-site environment
- IT security best practices
- IT industry trends
- Advanced usage of Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook), A+ / N+, Computer systems used by the company
Key Performance Areas:
- Enable and Support software solutions, specifically Nosoft.
- Enable and support desktop solutions
- Provide functional support to the IT Engineer (Servers & Networks)
- Act as Systems Champion for production systems
- Liaise in relation to master files with requisite personnel
- Provide support to end users
- Investigate new system improvements
- Provide training on production systems
- Provide support on Packhouse hardware
- Provide remote user support
- Provide printer support
- Assist IT Engineer (Servers and Networks) with IT operations
- Provide support on telephone system for end users
- Provide active troubleshooting support
- Assist with specific projects
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.