Our client in the agricultural industry based in Kirkwood is currently looking to employ a De-greening Manager.
Main purpose of the position:
The role of the Degreening Manager is to manage the receiving of fruit from the growers, de-greening of fruit as required, the movement of fruit to packhouses and the sanitation of crates.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 as per the national senior certificate requirements (Umalusi endorsed).
- 3 or more years’ experience in citrus varieties and relevant chemical treatment.
- Applicable degreening experience would be an advantage;
- Extensive understanding of the portfolio of pack housing and degreening principles;
- General business acumen
- Computer packages and systems currently in use by the company
- Manage the receiving of fruit from growers and directing to packhouses, drenching or degreening.
- Set, monitor and record degreening rooms.
- Manage the cleaning and sanitisation of crates.
- Manage the use of crates.
- Management of staff
- Administration as required by processes.
- Evaluate which fruit to be directed to packhouses, degreening and drenching
- Manage the degreening process of fruit
- Ensure the cleaning and sanitising of crates is done correctly.
- Reconcile the movement of crates
- Utilize staff as required
- Complete all administration of the degreening process.
- Record chemical cost and usage per variety per crate
- Ensure safe operating procedures.
- Work and team coordination
- Quality communication
- Ability to multitask
- Remain attentive in an often-busy environment
- Be naturally calm and focused
- Be versatile if participation in other types of activity is required
- Basic usage of Microsoft Office (Include Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Computer systems used by the company
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.