An opportunity for a Field Service Technician to be based in Kimberley. The purpose of this position is to maintain, service and repair material handling equipment, systems and products on company premises or at customer sites in a timely and cost-effective manner so that customer and company requirements are met; maintaining of vehicle records.
- Servicing of material handling equipment and maintaining forklift serviceability to specified standards and according to set procedures by delivering quality service / maintenance.
- Perform accurate diagnosis / troubleshooting in event of breakdown of equipment; communicate what repairs are needed by advising customer and/or supervisor.
- Maintains vehicle maintenance and operational data / history by updating and timeously communication information that must go on record.
- Promote service / maintenance programs.
- Provide complete customer satisfaction in a polite and professional manner.
- Ensure proper communication between self, workshop staff (supervisor and controller) and customer.
- Ensure OHSACT & ASEC requirements are met in all actions on company and client premises; maintains a safe work environment by verifying vehicle safety device operations, following standards and procedures and in general complying with legal regulation.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Matric, Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
- Qualified Forklift Technician and experience with forklifts or similar material handling equipment; or Electrician.
- Minimum of 3 years mechanical, hydraulic and electrical experience pertaining to forklifts
- General working knowledge of auto electrical systems (ignition, starting, charging, illumination)
- Forklift trade test certificate
- 3 years’ experience on IC & Electrical Machines
- Code 8 driver's licence