This role is directly responsible for ensuring scalable digital platforms within the company and will be actively involved in crafting and delivering software architectures that are fit for purpose into the future. The role will have in depth knowledge of software architectures and frameworks as well as web platform technology. The role will be directly responsible for compliance to these architectures through manual and automated controls and will take a very deep and active role in managing performance and stability of software assets, agile delivery frameworks, and Devops methodologies
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Define and take accountability for the:
- High-level technical development for web, mobile and chatbots
- Implementation options for all assigned application initiatives in the organization
- Web, mobile chatbot governance processes and structures
- Integrity, stability, performance and scalability of the web, app and chatbot architecture
- Work collaboratively with consulting partners and IT teams to ensure high quality of software delivery
- Engage with technology partners, cross-functional IT groups and the Business to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of development and support activities
- Work closely with the Business and IT teams to understand business strategy and contribute to achievement of business goals
- Provide oversight to investigation, analysis and management of technology risks, issues, and dependencies in all programs/projects
- Provide oversight and standards for technical documentation of applications.
- Conduct periodic reviews with partners on SLA's, performance metrics and issues, escalations, change requests and improvement plans.
- Automate controls and metrics to ensure that the defined architecture is adhered to
- Collaborate with partners to overcome issues impacting service delivery and execute operational improvement initiatives.
- Encourage best practice and knowledge sharing with partners and cross-functional groups
- Manage the overall technical design and delivery of solutions
- Participate in detailed level technical solution definition and design during the implementation phase with the goal of providing reliable, stable and operationally sound applications that meet the Business requirements
- Conduct POCs and pilots and actively scan the software asset base to identify necessary areas of refactoring and technical debt elimination.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Zulu first language speaker or 100% fluent in writing and speaking
- Rich development experience with Java, Spring, Node.js, and React Native.
- Experience with RDBMS platforms, especially Oracle.
- Understanding of determinants of software performance, including data structures and Big O analysis.
- Knowledge of CI, containerization, cloud, and orchestration frameworks, especially Maven, Jenkins, Openshift, AWS, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with memory footprint and latency optimization.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and industry trends along with the ability to leverage them in application development and support initiatives when appropriate
- Capability of articulating the business value of IT investments/projects and collaborating with partners and cross-functional groups during implementation
- Adeptness to engage as a consultative face of IT to the Business and enable technology to address business challenges and improve operational efficiency
- Skill to integrate new technologies with existing business initiatives and understanding the business processes and customer needs
- Good understanding of governance frameworks (roles and responsibilities, escalation and communication process, handoffs and control points)
- Ability to make recommendations as they pertain to improvements in support/development initiatives and facilitate implementation with partners, IT and cross-functional groups within the Business
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or Statistics
- 10+ years of experience developing and running mission critical, highly available software systems