We are looking for an Accounting graduate with 3 years experience in the Accounting field a Verification Analyst in the Rivonia area in Johannesburg
- Finance degree (Bcom accounting, B.com accounting honours and articles with an accounting firm (small or large firm) or BCom Internal Audit)
- 2 – 3years work experience in the accounting/finance/costing field
- Added Experience as a Verifications Analyst will be beneficial
- Have a good understanding of accounting and interpretation of financial systems and financial statements;
- Experience in dealing with clients and with good interpersonal skills
- Should have the ability to build easy rapport and build strong relationships with their portfolio of clients, including senior executives
- Valid drivers license and own transport
- MS. Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Presentation skills, i.e. be able to conduct kick-off and report-back meetings
- Verification/auditing skills and understanding of audit concepts
- Able to cope with tight timelines
- Ability to build rapport;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Analytical ability;
- Mature and able to handle conflict;
- Team player;
- Able to relate to and work with all cultures;
- Basic understanding of company law;
- Attention to detail and quality;
- Professional with a good work ethic;
- Understanding of accounting systems;
This particular role involves the verification of the Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) Status of small, medium and large companies including JSE listed and multinational companies
- Perform BBBEE verifications for companies in accordance with the DTI’s BBBEE Codes of Good Practice, all sector codes and the Company's verification methodology. BBBEE verification is very similar to financial audit and requires attention to detail, analytical ability and an understanding of financial statements.
- Conduct kick off meetings without supervision and build strong relationships with clients.
- Interpret, verify and communicate all elements of the BBBEE scorecard other than complex ownership structures.
- Prepare a complete verification file to a high standard and conclude on the results.
- Present findings to audiences of up to 8 people.
- Deal with objections and answer challenging questions.
- Deal with conflict situations.
- Answer questions from clients on all BEE related verification and implementation issuses.
Cost to company package + performance incentives
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. To apply for this position please click on the apply button.