Our client requires Technical Project Manager on a 12 months contract who has the ability to take ownership and drive disciplines with limited direction required and has deep knowledge and skills within project and programme lifecycles and contributes as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the PM discipline. The Technical Project Manager will manage a team of technical SMEs in order to achieve the project goal.
A Technical Project Manager has the following skills / responsibilities over and above a normal project management tasks:
- Understand the solution end to end in enough detail to question and provide guidance in matter such as performance testing
- A Technical Project manager can adjust his/her management style as needed between the various teams involved where he/she is technically involved in one team and perform some of the deliverables and only manage milestones and dependencies for another and in another area raise the management level to that of a programme / release manager and still have a good handle on the end-to-end deliverable
- Understand system communication and message flows and use this knowledge to debug issues during the testing phase
- Understand the technical language from the various functional groups to the extent that he/she can pick up when teams are talking past each other and then facilitate alignment
- Facilitate Technical problem solving and propose solutions to issues e.g., hardware issues, system flow issues, functional defects, or workarounds. He/she knows how to pose questions that draws on the technical skills of the teams to set in motion a chain reaction of new ideas and conversation that leads to innovative answers to difficult problems
- Collect and Analyze system data and make recommendations to topics such as scope, problem resolution, resource allocation, strategy
- Give input and guidance on matters such as business process design and Training material based on system and solution knowledge
- Act as defect coordinator due to knowledge of system functionality and flows
- The technical project managers may be expected to simultaneously act as IT (information technology) professionals and managers.
- Work well with a Solution Integrator
- Experience in Data migration of Customer and Billing records from systems of record (legacy) to new transformed BSS/OSS solutions, these include
- Data cleaning activities
- Data transformation, extracting and loading activities.