To interpret the business requirement specification and translate into a detailed system design specification to enable the development of innovative, flexible and efficient solution of a business problem.
• Explore ways to constantly improve quality of existing services, processes and systems in order to be more efficient.
• Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions by resolving queries quickly and effectively.
• Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers and senior staff members by providing input to validate business requirements.
• Liaise and communicate the system requirements to the necessary audiences e.g. testers, developers, business analysts, infrastructure, production support, systems analyst (other areas of the business), etc.
• Define and document each function that the system is required to perform and the functional boundary of the system by defining and analysing the required interactions between
the system and its environment in terms of interface and integration constraints to ensure that business needs/requirements are satisfied by the system requirements.
• Comply, understand and align to all steps within IT development and meet governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements.
• Analyse the integrity of the system requirements, perform -impact assessment on each requirement, document and maintain the set of system requirements together with the associated rationale, effort, decisions, dependencies and assumptions.
• Manage traceability between the system requirements and derived artifacts including system models to the relevant detail.
• Ensure adequate unit tests are performed for all configuration and development tasks and ensure results are successful. Ensure testing yields an acceptable level of performance for the changes being delivered and the application is not adversely affected.
• Continuously assess own performance, seek timely and clear feedback and request training where appropriate.
• Participate and contribute to a development culture where information regarding successes, issues, trends and ideas are actively shared.
In accordance with National Credit Act (NCA) candidates applying for this role will require a credit record check.
• Vendor management experience beneficial
• SQL knowledge and experience is a must
• Strong systems integrations experience required, with solid understanding of web services(Rest/Soap)
• Experience working in an agile environment, supporting different technologies and teams
• Short-term Insurance knowledge advantageous
• Ability to engage and collaborate with internal and external Product owners, Business analysts, Developers and Test Analysts to ensure that projects are landed successfully.
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree or Diploma in IT
• Preferred TOGAF certification
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link