The Opera Support Agent will provide support on Oracle Hospitality Product Suite – Opera and it will include but not be limited to, system configuration, operational queries, 3rd party assistance, reporting and operating systems.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- To provide telephonic / remote / onsite support for all Opera products and integrated 3rd party vendors
- To ensure accurate and timely updates of logged support issues one the in-house call logging system.
- To be aware of escalation procedures as communicated from time to time. Escalation procedures may vary for corporate accounts.
- Be responsible for interaction with customers via email, telephone , online meeting as per the Quality Assurance procedures and processes.
- Research and test problems to confirm, isolate and identify what caused the problem and solutions. When unable to resolve problems, escalate to the correct channels.
- Maintain all documentation required by Micros SA
- Assist with the occasional implementing, testing and writing of any documentation that may be required.
- To employ sound decision making when dealing with customer support issues. i.e. escalation, resolve customer issues in the most efficient manner, in the shortest possible time.
- To maintain effective communication with our customers at all times, through a planned program of scheduled telephonic conversations and meetings.
- Inform the relevant account managers of support/maintenance issues regarding their clients.
- Attend any relevant training course which is set to improve knowledge on the company’s or associated applications
- Prioritizing numerous issues of varying severity & service levels and dealing with them accordingly.
- Collaborating extensively with peers and other teams to drive problem resolution and contribute in growing the knowledge
- Forward relevant product information, fixes, workarounds, known issues, etc. to relevant personnel within the company.
- Keep updated on new technologies available, both on Micros software and hardware products, 3rd Party software and hardware products, as well as general IT technologies, related to our industry.
Minimum Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Grade 12/Matric
- Opera experience essential
- IT related knowledge (advantageous)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within Hotel environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Products
Desired Skills and Qualities
- Demonstrate aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative and carry our assigned tasks to completion
- Manage time, resources well and demonstrate good planning and organisational skills
- Committed, motivated and able to achieve tasks in line with deadlines
- Able to prioritise importance tasks and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent troubleshooting/diagnostic skills
- Be proactive and customer focus
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Meticulous, with high attention to detail
- Good inter-personal skills