Our client in the Banking Sector requires a Solutions Architect on a 12-month contract to develops and maintains the focus area (domain) architecture and design for specific business functional/technical area. Provides a high-level roadmap for the implementation of the solution. Matrix manages Architects delivering on projects/initiatives within focus area (domain). Provide thought leadership throughout the programme. In cooperation with the Product Manager, the Senior Solution Architect plays a critical role in helping align team in a common technical direction toward accomplishment of the roadmap.
Function as Lean-Agile Architect Leader
- Take on the role of the Lean-Agile leader who understand the complexities of large-scale solution development and apply Lean and Agile practices to address them.
- Plan and develop the architectural/solutions runway in support of upcoming business features with the Enterprise Architect (EA)
- Work with portfolio stakeholder, particularly the Enterprise Architect (EA) to develop, analyse, split, and realise the implementation of enabler Epics.
- Define, explore, and support the implementation of value stream and programme enablers to evolve solution intent, working directly with the Agile teams to provide support.
Develop and Validate Reference Architectures
- Responsible for reference architecture by collaboration with key stakeholders (EA, BIO, CIO, Business) to understand the strategy and target of the IT & Business to develop, separate and implement the enabler epics.
- Ensure conformance of reference architectures to aligned to strategic and target roadmaps.
- Conduct research and or investigate in order deliver reference architectures.
- Responsible for the developing and contributing to architecture principles for downstream consumption.
Develop and Validate Domain/Segment Architectures
- Responsible for the creation and validation of domain/segment architectures by collaborating with key stakeholders, peers and/ or feature teams, aligned to reference architectures and roadmaps.
- Manage deviation and exceptions of domain/segment architectures that vary from the reference architectures/principles.
Develop Solution Architectures/Designs
- Responsible for the creation and validation of solutions by collaborating with key stakeholders, peers and/ or project teams, aligned to reference, segment and domain architectures and roadmaps.
- Manage the technology/engineering aspects of Programme and value stream Kanban’s.
- Manage deviation and exceptions of solutions that vary from the reference, segments, and domain architecture and/or architecture principles.
Architectural Assessments of technology solutions and or Proof of Concepts
- Perform technical assessments of new and proposed technologies, products, and services as well as concepts (proof of concepts) for possible adoption by the organisation.
- Document, advice and validate proof points or success criteria for assessments and or proof of concepts.
- Create position papers or assessment reports for technology, assessments, technology evaluation, or IT solutions.
Architecture Collaboration and Review
- Provide an assessment, review, recommendation and or opinion of Solution, Domain and Segment architectures for alignment to IT & Business Strategies, legislation and regulation and other relevant governance processes.
- Participate, support, position and or present in relevant IT Architecture Governance forums or related forums (Internal and/or External associations) where applicable.
- Act as quorum member or chairperson at the relevant IT Architecture Governance forums.
Requests for Information & Proposals (RFI/ RFP) Consulting
- Provide and validate input and evaluation criteria during the RFI & RFP process.
- Provide advice on weightings.
- Evaluate, score, and validate the RFI & RFP response.
- Create, validate, and present report by providing recommendations and findings in writing.
Adheres to Agile methodologies and follows Agile principles through work outputs and behavior’s.
- Strives to reach mature levels on the Continuum model by building own and team competence to work in a continuous delivery environment: Champion team learning and adopt suitable methodologies and practice.
- Collaborates with colleagues from different disciplines in a cross-functional team to deliver against iteration target.
- Works in partnership with Business representatives (e.g., Product Owner, Product Manager) ensuring alignment and value to the customer.
- Honors’ Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or Commerce.
- Relevant Architecture certification.
- Business type Qualification (e.g., MBA) would be preferred.
- 7 – 10 Years’ experience in multiple IT disciplines e.g., Development Hardware, analysis, design, service management, architecture.
- 5 - 7 Years' experience as an architect across domains