We are looking for a competent Test Automation Engineer to be based in Midrand
- Grade 12/matric
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software development, or a related field.
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certificate
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience in the Information Technology Sector
- Proven experience as a Test Automation Engineer
- Experience in preparing Test plan, writing Test Cases and its execution with good functional coverage
- Proficiency in programming languages such as SQL, Python and Java.
- Excellent mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Problem Identifying and solving ability
- Good Understanding of Defect Reporting, Smoke and Regression testing
- Good knowledge and experience in testing concepts, testing life cycle and Defect life cycle.
- Designing and writing test automation scripts
- Quality assurance of software developed
- Results Tracking and Reporting
Personal Attributes and Qualities
- Mature individual with high level of emotional intelligence.
- Ability/capacity to be aware of, control, and express emotions.
- Handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically.
- Demonstrate positivity, mental toughness and stability during stressful periods and periods of low activity.
- Flexibility – adapt to new concepts and ideas, ability to collaborate.
- Resilience – demonstrate ability to move forward despite setbacks.
- Endurance – consistently deliver at peak performance over the long term.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Admit to errors and takes corrective action to avoid repetition.
- Approach own work with dedication and high sense of responsibility.
- Identify, analyse, organize, and solve problems and issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Anticipate problems, identify root causes, and take corrective action.
- Take caution in preparing the details relevant to the process.
- Follow process to ensure high quality output.
- Set and achieve goals, consistently complies with quality standards, and meets deadlines.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.