Site Supervisor (Mechanical Engineer)
Friday, 05 March 2021
General Employment - Other General Employment
- Ensure all installers are installing as per requirements (installation drawings, layout drawings and
scope of work).
- Complete site inspection once customer order is received and prior to placing the order for equipment and provide feedback on site conditions (ceiling type, site inspection checklist - DCS SE1200 Tool 4 RI08 ANZY Pre-installation checklist.)
- Complete site inspection for site setup. GMS - DMS OG9002-A03-00.00 Calculation Checklist
- Safety files – ensure that this information is requested from the Client, forward this to installer and provide documents. Safety training is required (medicals, working at heights, safety supervisor etc.)
- Quality overview during entire project phase - WPI Installation training is required.
- Coordinate site establishment
- Advise the project manager/proposal engineer of additional material required on site.
- Tracking of material on site with contractor and proposal engineer – Material stock report.
- Responsible to be on site to receive and supervise material/equipment deliveries – send
- a copy of POD as well as ensure there is a safe storage space for equipment/material.
- Inform project manager of additional equipment/ material remaining after installation and coordinate the collection of this material
- Coordinate milestone sign off with contractor and service technician on site.
- Management of subcontractor on site with input from project manager
- On site problem solving, escalation through correct channels
- Testing & commissioning with service team
- Degree in mechanical engineering
- ECSA registered
- +/- 3 years experience