Senior UX/UI Designer
We are hiring Senior Designers to join our dynamic design team. As a designer you would need to have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI/UX skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artefacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
You will have the chance to work projects across various industries locally and internationally.
A bit about DVT:
• You can join as a permanent employee or freelancer / Independent contractor, the choice is yours
• DVT is thriving towards fully remote working.
• We have a variety of clients ranging from mining to health to fintech.
• DVT is international: We have offices in SA and in the UK, design clients in 3 countries (At the moment) .
• We are growing with projects in Europe and Africa.
- Solutions design and implementation
- Improving the design of existing systems
- Keep up to date with technology
- Ability to Multitask
- System design and analysis
- Ability to conceptualise and simplify complex problems
- Ability to read and write specifications
- Good communications skills
- Enthusiastic and committed
- Work with minimal supervision
- Work in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Delivery focused
- Work to tight deadlines
- Professionalism (Conduct and Appearance)
- Show initiative
- Awareness of environment
Skills needed for success in this role:
- 3+ years of experience designing for web and mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Confidence to think about high-level product vision, understand constraints, and contribute to a fantastic user experience
- Solid understanding of the design thinking process, as well as a passion and know-how for influencing design strategy
- Expert knowledge of Sketch or similar design tool
- Very strong attention to detail
- Experience partnering with user researchers
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- A solid and up-to-date understanding of best practices, developments, and trends in web, mobile, Human Interface Guidelines and Material Design
- A great attitude, collaborative spirit and openness to giving and receiving feedback
- Desire to learn, grow and teach skills to further your abilities and the abilities of the team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Experience communicating with cross-functional teams
- Experience designing for various groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experienced with creating high fidelity UX wireframes (no need for final UI designs)
- Able to work well with a technical team to understand technical architecture and the impact/ possibilities that it may have on the experience.
- Able to manage the design of complex service process (adviser self-service environment does have some layers of complexities with multiply channels, user profiles and permissions etc.)
- Collaborate well with a cross functional team and other perm and contracting designers, able to articulate designs and ideas well and able to create structure and self-organize where needed.
If you are interested in learning more about DVT and the above opportunity please send through a copy of your CV to (firstname.lastname@example.org). Be sure to check out www.dvt.co.za