To ensure the Quality of our systems, by ensuring that the completed software meets the established standards, is fit for purpose and delivered without defects.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
- Perform a high-level testing impact analysis, establish Scope and provide estimates based on the known requirements.
- Actively participate in JAD sessions and review Business requirements and Technical designs during the Analysis phase.
- Identify and liaise with all stakeholders.
- Create required planning tasks in SDLC tool and set due dates according to agreed milestones.
- Test Case Analysis & Development:
- Review requirement and design specifications based on static test techniques.
- Ensure that the post-conditions and user-acceptance criteria for test cases are aligned.
- Adhere to the test policy and strategy.
- Apply best practice test design techniques when writing test cases:
- Reasonable probability to unveil a defect
- Design modular test cases that are reusable
- Reuse and maintain existing test cases
- Identify test cases that are required once-off
- Identify test cases to be automated
- Design test data scenarios based on data permutations to be executed.
- Create test coverage and traceability between requirements and test cases in the testing tool.
- Deliver Test Pack within the agreed timeframes.
- Ensure that the Test Pack is reviewed by key stakeholders and that any feedback is incorporated into the testing process.
- Peer review test cases and test documentation.
Test Case Execution and Management:
- Prepare test data scenarios.
- Execute Test cases from the testing tool.
- Log Defects and manage to resolution.
- Identify risks and issues and escalate early on.
- Report on status and progress of the testing effort.
- Manage test cases and data scenarios for reuse and inclusion in the automated Regression pack.
- Maintain the shared knowledge base.
User Acceptance Testing:
- Create shared filters (and Dashboards) in the Test and SDLC tools, which define the upstream and downstream pipeline for the Testing effort.
- Ensure that the User Acceptance tests are executed from the testing tool and provide the necessary support for this.
- Assist users during the UAT phase.
- Evaluate Release readiness and assist in identifying and resolving critical issues.
- With each release, retrospectively analyse what went well and not so well.
- Identify improvements in process, people and technology.
- Calculate quality metrics.
- Handle all outstanding defects.
Team Collaboration and Leadership:
- Encourage a culture of communication and collaboration across all teams.
- Actively mentor junior team members to understand and adopt the Life test strategy and way of work.
- Communicate clearly, constructively and effectively.
- Build relationships with other members of the team and the business users we service.
- Transfer knowledge and actively participating in building a testing knowledge base.
- Keep abreast of current quality assurance methodologies and how these might be applied in the Company’s environment.
- Constantly improve knowledge of the various applications and their functions.
- Identify and commit to opportunities for upskilling.
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Drives Results
- Values Driven
- Learns on the Fly
- Instils Trust
- People Savvy
- Problem Solver
- Leadership Skills
- Manages complexity
- Balances Stakeholders
- Client Facing
- Action orientated go-getter, hungry to learn and add real value
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate others
- Able to plan, organise and prioritize own work
- Attention to detail
- Able to multitask
- Highly adaptive and flexible to a changing environment
- Able to work independently, but also as an effective member of a Team: reliable, works actively with others towards common goal, communicates constructively, shares information, knowledge and experience, treats others in a respectful and supportive manner
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly
- Excellent written and verbal business communication skills
- An ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Must be willing to work overtime when required (including weekends where necessary)
- An openness to work with others and build on team input
- Must have pride in their work and a desire to deliver perfection at all times - Quality is non-negotiable
- Able to establish a collaborative relationship with the systems area
- The individual must have a strong desire for self-learning
- Good work ethic
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Test Analyst
- Practical Software Testing certification
- ISTQB Advanced
- Diploma / Degree
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.