The primary objective of this role is to promote a regulatory environment that will enable the banks to continue to provide competitive, sustainable and customer-centric financial services and products.
The main focus areas and the competencies, qualification and experience required for this position are:
- Enable my client to be the “Voice of the Industry” of the banking sector through formulation of positions on critical regulatory and supervisory issues in relation to the banking sector.
- Proactively identify and drive initiatives affecting the banking sector.
- Play the role of an advisor and educator to various stakeholders.
- Collaborate and build consensus with member banks on a continuous basis to arrive at positions achieving agreed objectives.
- Create and/or enhance service offerings for my client to deliver continuous value to its members.
- Build relationships with local and global counterparts and relevant associations for mutual benefits.
- Represent my client at conferences, seminars and meetings to promote its brand locally and globally.
- Participate in, create and promote a collaborative, learning and performance oriented culture.
- Drive projects efficiently and effectively by adhering to defined performance objectives.
- Assist the General Manager: Legislation and Regulatory Oversight with identified projects and outputs.
Competencies, Qualification and Experience:
- Have at least 2 years’ previous experience in the banking or financial services sector (5 years and more will be advantageous) and a suitable degree (legal, risk management, auditing, etc.).
- Have a good and overall understanding of regulation and supervision in the financial services industry.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, be professional, proactive, a self-starter and self-motivator.
- Have the ability to work both independently and within the structures of a team, and to make decisive decisions.
- Have a good working knowledge of the law, legal processes, risk management processes, the political dynamic, socio-political imperatives, company law, consumer protection and aspects such as privacy.
- Customer/stakeholder focused.
Applicants will be interviewed and considered on the basis of their ability to meet the requirements of this position. The job requirements mentioned above will be used to ensure the correct identification of the successful candidate.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org wit the position as your subject line.