- Risk management, internal control, regulatory compliance and a variety of risk disciplines, including analysis of business profitability, operational safety, collateral management and overall control and management of asset quality. Routine job incorporates the timely completion of Due Diligence reports covering both new and existing facilities at all levels for presentation to the Credit Committee.
- Implementing instructions from the head of DD in terms of periodic and ad-hoc directives and tasks with key focus on effectiveness and adherence to time-lines set.
- Performance is measured in terms of the increase in the total EVA and profit brought to the branch by the approved loans and the change of non-performing loans which has a direct impact on the provision on the balance sheet and ultimately the income statement
- Optimization of relevant policy and procedures to make sure they are in line with both the external regulatory requirements formulated by regulators such as PA and the internal guidelines and rules set by the Beijing HO.
- Providing guidelines on credit policy to the business units from time to time in order to promote the overall effectiveness of the Bank on credit business development.
- Training and development of junior staff members of both the business units and risk management in all aspects of credit risk management, due diligence processes, securities management, legal and collection procedures in order to mitigate the inherent risks involved and with the aim to ultimately support business development.
- Ensure that Post-Lending Management Reports are processed timeously on the CCMS system, identify any adverse trends developing on an account or non-adherence to terms and conditions of sanction, which are then developed with the business unit.
- Occasionally, with the approval of the Head of DD, provision of support in various forms to the Business Units such as attending VIP credit customer meetings either at the Bank or at the customer premises, in order to assist with establishing exact client requirements and to ensure the correct structuring of the more complicated deals
- Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance or economics
- CFA, FRM or other professional designations.
- 8 years’ banking experience of which 5 years minimum in the field of credit assessment, preparation of Due Diligence reports on credit proposals, structuring of credit facilities, and lastly good corporate banking product knowledge and business development background
- Analyzing of financial statements required to determine the adequacy of profitability levels, gearing, cash flow, liquidity and efficiency.
- Assessment of budgets, projections and cash flow forecasts to assist clients in determining cash flow/ working capital requirements.
- Presentation of Due Diligence proposal in a legible, practical and workable manner to the credit committee for consideration.
- Suitably motivate recommendation with supporting detail highlighting strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats involved.
Kencorp Executive Search
P O Box 136893 Alberton North
Kencorp Executive Search was founded early 2005 and offers the combined expertise of 20 years of experience. Kencorp specializes in sourcing and placing professional and experienced candidates in the Hospitality, Pharmaceutical, FMCG, IT and Legal industries. We provide a fully comprehensive service including screening and reference checking for all our candidates which includes a candidate database and a guarantee period on all our candidates placed. This is to safe-guard you, our client, as well as the candidate and ensures that you are completely satisfied that you have made the right choice for your organization and that the candidate is happy in their new working environment.
Kencorp strives to bring you:
- Increased profits and sales
- Decreased costs
Kencorp is proud to be a member of APSO and runs the business strictly according to the APSO Code of Ethics. The Company prides itself in staff solutions for the ultimate results in Client needs and Candidate career choice. The aim is for successful permanent placements and Client/Candidate satisfaction. We are a BEE compliant company and have EME Certification.