Our client in the Telecommunications Sector requires a well experienced and highly professional Senior Project Manager on a 12-month contract, to assist on the ICT Customer Project Delivery. The role is customer facing and requires a confident, energetic, and experienced individual to represent the Enterprise Business Unit (EBU). The role is regional specific as the EBU Clients are generally based locally and will be required to be engaged monthly. The role will report directly to the TES Regional Manager in the Gauteng region.
- The Project Manager works in the Technology Enterprise Services (TES) division and is responsible for the successful delivery of ICT customer projects within the assigned region. The appointed candidate will need to be experienced in end-to-end ICT project delivery in accordance with the policies and processes.
- The ICT customer projects will involve the implementation of customer solutions. The project manager will be directly responsible for fulfilment of the customer orders and ensuring that services are delivered within expected timeframes and quality standards.
- As ICT includes several technologies, the CPM will need to be technically knowledgeable in several areas of ICT including Connectivity, Unified Communications, IOT, Cloud and Security.
- Customer solutions are generally composed of standard products however bespoke solutions are also required to be implemented. The CPM will therefore be required to collaborate with engineers, solution architects, infrastructure, finance, and IT managers to co-deliver such solutions.
- The CPM will also be required to work with external teams such as contractors, suppliers, and partners to drive successful delivery from each project to meet the overall objectives and deliverables.
- The CPM is accountable to the TES Regional Project Manager for the successful delivery of the assigned 10 strategic projects.
- The CPM will be expected to establish and lead the Project Team which will include Engineers, regional teams, Infrastructure Project Managers, and specialized supplier Project Managers. In addition, the Project Manager will also be expected to manage delivery from virtual teams as several teams are based in other provinces and sometimes other countries.
- The individual projects are highly specialized and as such the Project Manager will be required to have an in depth understanding of EBU Service Delivery process. The client will provide the necessary support required for the CPM to develop an understanding of the client’s Policies, Processes and Procedures (PPPs) pertaining to ICT technology management and service delivery. It is important for the CPM to familiarise themselves with such PPPs as they will be expected to analyse and provide in depth explanations to senior customers. In addition, the process of timeous and effective decision-making will need to be facilitated and at times escalated to relevant line.
The CPM will be directly responsible for the following:
- Initiate Project Kick-off meeting.
- Formalize and arrange the Project Teams (and ensure that it is fully always resourced)
- Define the Project Organisation (the structure of the Project, the arrangements for its Governance, and the Controls that will be used to manage it)
- Define or confirm and gain agreement to the Scope of the Project Prepare and maintain the Project Plan.
- Prepare and maintain the Stakeholder Engagement Plan (if the Project is part of a Programme, this might be developed and managed at programme level)
- Prepare the Communications Strategy and Plan (ditto)
- Assist the Project Sponsor to develop or confirm, and maintain the Project Business Case
- Manage the Project (using the Project Controls) and ensure governance operates as per the Project Organisation.
- Drive the contractors, engineers, and suppliers in accordance with the business processes.
- Ensure quotes and purchase orders are timeously processed, approved, and issued.
- Report Project Progress to the TES Regional Line Manager and EBU Project Sponsor (with recommendations for Risk Management and Issue Resolution) and to the Customer Project Manager where relevant
- Manage Risks for which s/he is identified as the Risk owner Resolve Issues for which s/he is identified as the Issue Owner.
- Approve (or Reject) Change Requests that are within his/her Delegation of Authority.
- Provide recommendations to the Project Sponsor (and Customer Project Manager where relevant) as to readiness for Project launches, and work with the Business Owner to develop and implement transition plans for the adoption of project deliverables by the business.
- Ensure that Project Reviews are carried out after each Project launch and that lessons learned are fed back into the Programme (where relevant) and disseminated to those who need to know.
- The CPM will be required to spend time at the customer headquarters and will thus be required to travel regionally within SA at least once per month. The exact frequency and duration of trips will need to be discussed and agreed with the Customer.