Our client in the Telecom Sector requires a Senior, Cross-functional, and Experienced Project Manager to assist on Sales and Distribution Portfolio, on Warehouse, Aftersales, Informal Channel, BRC and Retail channel on a 6-month contract.The Senior Project Manager works in a business area and is responsible for the successful delivery of an entire project, end to end, that could have work-streams in many business areas.
The Project Manager will:
- Be responsible for the Project Team (and ensure that it is always fully resourced)
- Define the Project Organisation (the structure of the Project, the arrangements for its Governance, and the Controls that will be used to manage it)
- Define or confirm and gain agreement to the Scope of the Project.
- Prepare and maintain the Project Plan.
- Prepare and maintain the Stakeholder Engagement Plan (if the Project is part of a Programme, this might be developed and managed at programme level)
- Prepare the Communications Strategy and Plan (ditto)
- Assist the Project Sponsor to develop or confirm, and maintain the Project Business Case (ditto)
- Approve work stream Plans and manage dependencies between work streams.
- Manage the Project (using the Project Controls) and ensure governance operates as per the Project Organisation.
- Direct the work stream Managers.
- Report Project Progress to the Project Sponsor (with recommendations for Risk Management and Issue Resolution) and to the Programme Manager where relevant
- Manage Risks for which s/he is identified as the Risk Owner.
- Resolve Issues for which s/he is identified as the Issue Owner.
- Approve (or Reject) Change Requests that are within his/her Delegation of Authority.
- Provide recommendations to the Project Sponsor (and Programme Manager where relevant) as to readiness for Project launches, and work with the Business Owner to develop and implement transition plans for the adoption of project deliverables by the business.
- Support the Programme Manager (where relevant) in his/her management of the Programme.
- Ensure that Project Reviews are carried out after each Project launch and that lessons learned are fed back into the Programme (where relevant) and disseminated to those who need to know.
Experience and skills required:
- The Project Manager should have at least 7 years’ experience in project management, including at least 4 years as the Project Manager for major, complex, transformation and change initiatives in the Sales and Distribution with focus on Commissions and Warehousing.
- The project manager should have had experience in a Sales and Distribution, Warehousing transformation projects, strong communication with a good understanding of managing and rolling out projects.
- A good presenter with facilitation and negotiation skills.
- The Project Manager will have a core degree in an appropriate discipline from a recognised institution and be a member of an appropriate professional institution.
- PMP or PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification is highly desirable.