Our client in the Telecommunications Sector requires a Senior, Cross-functional, and Experienced Programme Manager on a 12-month contract to assist in Strategic Projects Portfolio, related to the implementation of transformation programme.
The Senior Programme Manager is responsible for:
- The Senior Programme Manager is responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of the programme. They will develop and maintain the programme environment to support each individual project within it, in accordance the EPMO project delivery methodology and governance.
- Planning and designing the programme and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues, and initiating appropriate corrective action
- In most cases the Senior Programme Manager is also responsible the actual delivery of projects in accordance with the EPMO methodology
- Adhering to the EPMO the project governance requirements
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the programme, and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programmes and corporate, technical and specialist standards
- Managing the programmes budget (if required), monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses.
- Assisting with the appointment of individuals to project teams
- Ensuring the delivery of new products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan and programme governance arrangements.
- Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within the programme’s individual projects.
- Ultimately responsible for the successful delivery of the programme end-to-end
- The Senior Programme Manager should have at least 10 years’ experience in project/programme management, including at least 5 years as the Senior Programme Manager for major, complex, transformation and change initiatives.
- Previous experience in telecommunications preferred.
- The individual appointed as Senior Programme Manager must have the necessary seniority to be able to take on the responsibilities associated with the role.
The Senior Programme Manager must have demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Engagement at general manager level in large enterprises or the public sector.
- Capturing and understanding stakeholder needs, desires, and expectations and analysing the impact of the programme on stakeholders, gaining, and maintaining stakeholder support, managing stakeholder communications, and mitigating stakeholder resistance.
- Establishing processes and procedures for maintaining project management oversight and decision-making support throughout the course of the project.
- Establishing project control processes and practices and implementing appropriate tools for efficient project management.
- Managing a team of Work steam Managers
- Working closely with Project team, Project Managers and Work Stream Managers and stakeholders in identifying and managing dependencies.
- Regularly tracking and reporting on health of Project to all stakeholders.
- Setup and coordination of Project Team and work stream Manager meetings.
- Identifying, managing, and reporting Project level risks and issues.
- Identifying, procuring, and managing suppliers and contractors.
- Appointment and management of the Project Team to create a high-performing project delivery environment.
- Ensuring adherence to the defined project delivery processes for the organisation.
- Planning, organizing, and facilitating general manager level workshops for scoping and planning, and to solve complex problems (using problem-solving techniques like brainstorming, mind-mapping etc.).
- Deployment of best project management practices and suggesting improvements in the organisations defined project management approach.
- Establishing and maintaining processes to assure the quality of the project deliverables.