Our client, a well-established logistics company, is seeking to employ an experienced Senior Operations Manager for their Johannesburg branch.
Overall role function:
The overall objective of this Senior Operations Manager role is to effectively manage and oversee the day to day (also nightshift) operations of the depot / plant.
This includes the short-term planning and scheduling of daily operations.
This extends from the productivity of drivers and their vehicles; along with the overall maintenance of vehicles; solving queries etc. to deliver exceptional service within clients’ SLA.
- Creditors - Ensure all invoices and PO’s are signed off and submitted to Finance.
- Follow up on outstanding money.
- Other - Insurance claims, traffic fines, vehicle maintenance.
- Management of driver hours.
- Budget and Resource Planning – Use relevant data and analysis to give input into budget preparation for the division/depot.
- Service Culture – Deliver within SLA.
- Partnership Management – Cultivate objective working relationships with variety of stakeholders (e.g. HR team, IT, Clients).
- Client Relationship Management – Daily client interactions on the frontline. Solve challenges and queries to reduce complaints.
- Oversee and manage own fleet of vehicles:
- Schedule maintenance.
- Weekly checks and services.
- Wash bay.
- Breakdowns (where applicable).
- Licensing of vehicles.
- Manage diesel consumption.
- Load trips onto inhouse application.
- Manage and schedule drivers’ working hours.
- Route planning.
- Oversee successful loading of goods at clients with all relevant paperwork.
- Planning and scheduling the overs (old order incomplete from last loading cycle with new orders received.
- Manage the wash bay and the workshop.
- Manage the diesel.
Other: Insurance claims.
Ad-hoc projects: Debrief paperwork (daily).
- Prepare and submit weekly operational stats.
- Prepare and submit weekly financial flash to clients.
- Prepare, analyze, and submit monthly operational stats.
- Work with team of drivers to deliver operational efficiencies.
- Delivery of superior quality customer experiences within SLA.
- Fleet management.
- Manage own development to increase own competencies for the position function and future leadership growth opportunities.
- People Management Plan and manage performance, skills development, and team motivation. Achieve efficiencies and increase competencies. Address employee’s issues or grievances Management of drivers’ performance, i.e. weekly monitoring of their consumption per km, daily debrief and weekly reports indicating outliers. Driver PDP and licenses manage drivers’ leave and overtime (update daily).
- Support effective teamwork within depot / branch.
- Matric / Grade 12.
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Outlook).
- Advanced studies (Tertiary: Diploma / Degree) advantageous.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in transport environment.
- Proven track record managing portfolio of customers.
- Specific industry experience beneficial.
- Excellent administrative and communication skills.
- Able to work well with a team and under pressure.
- Must be diligent and time competent to meet deadlines.
- Must be customer service focused.
- Must be honest, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Be willing to work flexible hours.
- Be willing to perform duties on weekends.
- Must be bilingual (English and Afrikaans).
Area: Johannesburg, Gauteng.
Salary: R25 000 – R35 000 per month.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please forward your CV if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks from the date of this advertisement.