General Employment - Other General Employment
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual internal auditing plan in line with IIA standards for approval by the Audit Committee.
- Conduct an internal audit of significant activities of line departments to ensure compliance, and to mitigate risks.
- Perform reviews of significant activities and ascertain the level of risk, and appropriately set the audit priority for such activities.
- Assess significant activities, in terms of the adequacy of internal controls relative to the risk profile to ensure that emerging risks and control deficiencies are identified and addressed effectively, efficiently, and timeously.
- Analyse operational and management processes and system controls effectiveness and efficiency in order to improve them and propose value-added recommendations.
- Evaluate new or changing services, processes, and operations.
- Act as an integral relationship person with the Auditor-General
- Develop links and reliance of external audit on the internal audit function.
- Maintain continuous surveillance to keep abreast with changes to business strategies affecting the risk profile.
- Contribute to keeping the Audit and Risk Committee informed of emerging trends and successful practices in internal audit.
- Prepare draft Internal Audit reports for review by the e Senior Manager.
- Promote a high level of control awareness throughout and assist in the deterrence of fraud by evaluating the adequacy of internal controls in mitigating fraud risks.
- Follow-up on the progress of implementation of recommendations and monitor the rectification actions taken by the line departments in addressing audit issues.
- BTech Internal Auditing and or BCom Honors in Accounting or Finance and Certified Internal Auditor an added advantage
- 5 years’ experience in Internal Auditing
- Knowledge of the standards for the professional practice of internal audit; PFMA & Treasury Regulations.
- Knowledge of and skills of applying internal audit principles and practices, management principles, financial systems, and Risk Management.