Our client in the steel industry is looking for a group steel buyer to join their team. Only candidates from the steel industry will be considered.
- Ensure all buying schedules is completed in good time, approved by management and distributed in good manner and format to customers/suppliers.
- Ensure stock levels of all items in your job function is kept at group approved levels using approved means, Template and Tempo.
- Notify management of market related changes including price changes and any changes that can influence the company.
- Negotiate in good manner with external parties on behalf of the company as and when required by management.
- Ensure all purchase orders are planned and issued in detail, stipulating group requirements ie. mass of bundles, size of packs and boxes, marking of material and all governmental requirements are followed where necessary, ie. certificate requirements, mill certs in order and general compliancy.
- Ensure continuous maintenance off stock codes on erp system.
- Ensure correct pricing (Costing) and price maintenance of all related items to your function.
- Ensure correct tracking of movements off all your product, including imports, goods at processing facilities and internal bulk movements.
- Ensure all related product are kept in good order as required for the type of material.
- Liaise in good manner with in group departments: finance, creditors, debtors, product managers and sales.
- Take part in stock counts as and when required by management.
- Do daily filing.
- Monitor phones when reception is unavailable.
- Ensure good housekeeping in your general working area and report any adverse problems.
- Any ad-hoc job related task as and when required by management.