As a senior business intelligence engineer at our client, you will drive the overall growth of a fast upcoming multi-billion Rand business by developing intelligent ways to identify catalysts for payment success. The role will leverage a wide variety of disciplines, including analytics, machine learning, data engineering and SQL development. As one example, priority #1 for the role is developing a model that will identify what activities payers engage in and what other behaviour patterns make or break their success. This project would involve setting-up a Redshift cluster, ingesting large volumes of data, partnering and learning from other teams at our client, building out an analytics model, and implementing a test and learn approach.
- Partner with functional leads to understand their data and reporting requirements, and translating them into definitions and technical specifications (PRD)
- Be responsible for defining, developing and optimizing curated datasets and schemas with standardized metrics and definitions across the company
- Develop, deploy and maintain ETL jobs and visualizations
- Work closely with technical partners in the data platform engineering team on designing and developing robust data structures and highly reliable data pipelines
- Troubleshoot technical issues with platforms, data discrepancies, alerts etc
- Perform ad hoc analysis, insight requests, and data extractions to resolve critical business issues
- Establish a fully-fledged AI (artificial intelligence) driven environment set on predictive analytic to fully assist monthly reporting requirement of the Sales, Key Accounts Management and Finance departments
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics or related field
- 2+ years demonstrated experience in a data-centric function
- Expert in SQL
- Experience working with big data
- Experience with Machine-Learning and/or Statistics
- Experience with BI tools, like Tableau, Quicksight or Microstrategy.
- Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR)