The Business Analyst designs or modifies the business or IT systems and interacts with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts to establish the business and systems’ needs. The incumbent also gathers, documents, and analyses the business and system needs. The Business Analyst interfaces between the business and the IT systems teams to establish the functional requirements. The incumbent will plan and implement and monitor the design and modifications to ensure that it meets the business needs. Works with multiple business areas and teams to provide deep integration solutions. Builds strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to:
The successful candidate will be required, but not limited to:
- Understand at a detailed level how certain business processes work (Interviewing stakeholders).
- Identify, analyse, and document business requirements.
- Analyse source systems and understand how information is stored and related based on the business processes (interviewing source system analysts and architects)
- Based on requirements and source system analysis you will:
- Produce source to target mapping documentation.
- Specify/document transformation rules.
- Undertake detailed data profiling.
- Document data quality issues and work with stakeholders to formulate resolution strategies.
- Propose/assist in solutions and create logical data models for BI source implementations.
- Create a mock-up dashboard/report specification.
- Write dashboard/report specifications once mock-up has been agreed.
- Play an active supporting role during the development of the warehouse.
- Play an active supporting role during the development of the report / dashboard.
- Assist the Quality Assurance team to produce test plans, test cases and test scripts and write test specifications (when necessary) to ensure quality of the solution.
- Assist with testing to ensure quality of the solution (Unit, functional and data testing)
Personal Attributes and Skills:
- Good communication (verbal and written)
- Great attention to detail
- Team player
Education and Experience:
- Relevant tertiary business qualification
- 5 years of experience as business/systems analyst in building large scale data warehouses.
- 5 years of experience as business/systems analyst in building reports and dashboards
- Strong analytical skills and solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications.
- A good understanding of how databases work
- Excellent SQL query writing experience
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.